Monday, October 25, 2010

Tim Holtz at Absolutely Everything

My first class ever, EVER was taught by none other than Tim Holtz.  I was in my LSS, Absolutely Everything, in Topsfield, MA and I was asking about a Jenni Bowlin class that was being taught in May.  The class ended up being canceled, but when I was asking about the class, the owner said that she was hoping that she would be able to get Tim Holtz in to teach a class in October.  TIM HOLTZ!  I pretty much stalked the AE newsletter and website after that waiting for details.  I wanted to make sure that I was signed up for the class before it sold out - and sell out it did!

Two friends took the class with me and we started the day early with eggs in hearts at my favorite breakfast spot, Aroma Cafe.

I was really kind of nervous about the class - it can easily take me a week to create a scrapbook page.  How could I finish an entire project in a couple of hours?  I didn't know how I'd be able to create anything under the pressure of being in a class with 99 more people!


Tim was awesome.  He was so nice and so fun.  He made the creating part so easy - you basically had no time to 'think,' you kind of had to grab whatever struck your fancy at the time and go with it.  It  was so different from the way I usually work!   This photo shows my completed project - I think it turned out pretty cool.  I learned some fun techniques in the class and had a blast doing it.  (And best of all, I got to meet TIM!)

Enjoy your day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So fun that you met him! And the photo overlays are so his style, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete