Saturday, September 3, 2011

Favorite Farmer's Market Recipes

When Craig and spend a weekend in Vermont, we usually head to the farmer's market in nearby Rutland on Saturday morning.  It is the largest farmer's market in Vermont with almost 100 different stands.  I love it there!  We were there one weekend in August and I took a photo of some baby squash in an egg carton that I thought was adorable!
We usually go to farmer's markets at least once a week during the summer and fall have have lots of different recipes that we like to make with the produce.  When I saw the American Crafts chalk labels that came in the August Studio Calico kit, Boardwalk, I thought it would be a fun idea to post some of my favorite recipes on them for a layout.  All of the supplies are from Glee Club except for the green American Crafts thickers were from a previous kit.  I used my Slice for the cob of corn and for the picket fence around the word recipes.
Hurricane Irene hit Vermont pretty hard last weekend.  We are not able to go to our condo until further notice because the only road that leads to it was washed away.  I have no idea if that means days, weeks, or months.  I really hope that the roads are repaired soon.  Leaf peeping is right around the corner and the tourism that it brings to the state is very important to the economy.  Vermont in the fall is amazing if you have never been there!

Have a great Saturday everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Love how you used the chalk labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW 100 stands that is awesome. Our Farmer's Market isn't what it use to be that's for sure. Yes Irene was something else. I live in Long Island,NY & thank God we weren't really hit on my neighborhood but just up from us and surrounding it was insane to see. Hope the roads clear up ASAP for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, and I totally would have taken that picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be amazing to go to a farmer's market with 100 stands! Love your great page! I hope the road gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete