Sunday, January 15, 2012

Very Americana

I was thinking about what to post this week and I realized that the last three projects that I made were somewhat similar, so I thought that I would include them all in this post.  These three projects all had a vary Americana feel - red, white, and blue; stars; and gingham!

The first project is a layout that I created about my chance meeting with Warren Kimble.  My husband and I spent a summer weekend at our condo in Vermont and went for a drive on Saturday morning to find a fun  spot to have lunch.  We ended up in Brandon, VT and took a walk around the town.  We passed a Warren Kimble studio and I saw an older gentleman in the store.  I said - Craig, could that be THE Warren Kimble?  Is he still alive?  We looked it up on Craig's phone and sure enough, it was him working in the studio.

We went in and were surrounded by original artwork of one of the most famous American folk artists.  He had unique items that he had collected - say maybe an antique chair - that he had painted on.  He had some really unique pieces that we asked about and he explained the process of creating them to us.  He was so nice!

I didn't get a photo (even though my camera was hanging around my neck), but I did grab some business cards.  I used the business cards and a photo from the internet for my layout.


My next project is a card that I made using some of the product from the January 2012 Studio Calico kit. I wasn't crazy about the Basicgrey banners from the kit, but they were perfect for a card.
And my last project was a layout about my nieces who spent time at the ocean for the first time on their visit to see us in Massachusetts.  It was such a hot day - over 100 degrees that day!  
I used the December Studio Calico kit for the most part, but added a few bits from the November kit.

Have a great week everyone!




4 comments:

  1. what a neat story! that is a really neat that you got the chance to me him! great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool story about Warren! beautiful layouts and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts. What a piece of great timing to meet Warren Kimble in his studio.

    ReplyDelete