Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I wanted to share this Mother's Day layout today that I created about a year and a half ago.  I had submitted the layout to Scrapbook Trends and it appeared in the May 2011 issue, so I haven't shared it here before.   The call was for Mother's Day layouts and at first I thought - I haven't spent a Mother's Day with my mom in the past twenty years or so, I don't have anything for this call.  That made me think that maybe I should create a Mother's Day layout about just that - that just because I'm not with my mom on Mother's Day, that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about her and that I still love her very much.  
The photo of my mom is probably from about 1968, so before I was even born.  I love the photo because it reminds me how much I look like her!
I used mostly Crate Paper's Restoration line on this layout (my favorite line, EVER!)  I made hand-rolled flowers that were perfect for this page.  I created a hidden journaling tag, as I wanted the note to be more private.
I'm having the layout framed for her for Mother's Day.  I hope she loves it!
Happy Mother's Day, everyone!


2 comments: