Monday, September 10, 2012

Pop off the Page Challenge #1

Studio Calico now offers a different class available for purchase each month.  The class for September was "Pop off the Page" by Jen Jockish, with a number of other contributors.  I have been a fan of Jen's for many years and just love her style, so I thought this would be a fun class to take.  The class came with PDFs of the lessons,  a kit that included fun stuff like lace, tags, sequins, and badges, wood veneer stars, and exclusive use of a Pop off the Page message board.  The kit that came with the class was so fun that I started to use it even before the class started on Sept. 1st!
There is going to be a challenge every week, and this week's challenge was to "layer in a confined space."  I decided to combine the challenge with the first lesson, the kit, and the August 2012 Studio Calico kit to see what I could come up with.
I would have to say that the layout is definitely not my usual style (if I have one), but I absolutely love it!  The photo is of my niece, Olivia, that I took just a few weeks ago during my vacation in Wisconsin to visit my family.  Such a gorgeous photo of her!
I'm looking forward to more Pop Off the Page challenges this month!
Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Lots of pop on that page and you pulled it off beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and the confined space really draws the eye to that beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really does pop off the page! pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete