Thursday, May 23, 2013

April 2013 Studio Calico kit - Spencer's

Another month, another "what I did with my Studio Calico kit from the time it arrived at my door until the next month's kit arrived" post.  This month, I purchased the main kit and SC patterned paper.  I loved the corkboard paper and I also love vellum and wanted extra of that.
This first layout is some pictures of when my husband and I were staying in Florence, Italy for a little vacation. One day we took the train to Sienna for lunch at a Slow Food approved restaurant. (Slow Food is an organization all about authentic, traditional food.) My husband ate tripe and spaghetti with wild boar sauce!  The snail is the symbol of the Slow Food organization and I was able to cut it out with my Silhouette.
This card I made for no reason other than I thought it wood be a cute way to use that little BasicGrey smily face.  Clean and simple!
This layout uses almost a whole sheet of the vellum I am so happy that I bought extra of.  I trimmed it down a bit and then backed it with a gray piece of cardstock.  I thought it was the perfect base for a guy page.
This layout I made for a NSD challenge at Studio Calico.  The challenge was to use a number on the page.  We had just seen our nephew, Paul for the first time in two years and he has changed so much!  I   thought using his age in the title was perfect for a layout about him.
This layout was made for the Week #2 challenge for the POP II class at Studio Calico.  See more about the class and the technique I used here.  
I also made my niece a birthday card with some of the leftover stars that I had from the "Paul @ 15" layout.  (Happy birthday, Olivia!)  Sorry about the bad picture, but I had to get it in the mail before I was able to take a better one. 
That's it for this month - a pretty good month I have to say!  I'm not doing so well this month making projects with the kit - only one so far.  How are you doing with Planetarium?
Have a good week everyone!






5 comments:

  1. Great work. You were able to make a lot of really great scrapbook layouts and cards from your kit. I think the favorite layout is my fave,but I really love how you used the large washi and also the basic grey smiley face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your work Brenda!!! I only got the main for Spencer....and killed it right away! As for Planetarium, and the Orion add on I am at 8 layouts so far.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun projects...all of them! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great projects - I especially like the slow food layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun you got all of this out of your Spencers kit!

    ReplyDelete