Saturday, March 19, 2011

A very pink layout

I'll admit that I wasn't thrilled when I saw the pink, glittery Thickers in the February 2011 Studio Calico main kit.  I'm not really a pink, glittery type of person and I couldn't imagine ever using them in a layout.  Then I remembered a very pink event that took place just a couple of months ago that the Thickers and the rest of the February kit would be PERFECT for!  Over Christmas, I took my nieces, their dolls, my sister, and my mom to the American Girl Doll Bistro at the Mall of America.
The ornaments and the pink strips of paper are actually two different sides of a patterned paper by Echo Park.  I cut out the ornaments by hand.
For the tops of the ornaments, I used a Making Memories bling frame that came with the December 2010 Studio Calico kit.  Again, the frame was another item that I didn't know if I would use - way too sparkly and blingy for me!  I cut the frame into pieces and used a piece on each ornament to look as if they were hanging.
Journaling reads:

For Kaylie and Olivia’s Christmas present, I took them, my mom, and my sister to the American Girl Doll Bistro for lunch at the Mall of America.  Their dolls both got to come along, too.  After lunch, Kalyie and Olivia each got to pick out an outfit for their doll from the store.  It was a very fun (and very pink!) day!   
                          December 26, 2010

Thanks for looking!  Have a great Saturday night!




2 comments:

  1. You say you are not a "pink" type but you are wearing pink in your profile pic.

    What gives.

    Your husband.

    ReplyDelete