Friday, April 29, 2011

Cosmo Cricket/Cards Magazine Sketch Challenge

 I thought I'd give this challenge over at the Cosmo Cricket blog a try.  I think that trying to decide what line to use is the hardest part!  I recently added the entire Circa 1934, Upcycle, and Social Club lines to my Cosmo Cricket collection so I had a lot to choose from.  This is the sketch that I got to play with:

I ended up using mostly Upcycle with a chipboard butterfly from the Earth Love line.  Here is my take on the sketch:
The solid background color is "elephant" and the patterned paper is "repeat."  I cut a tag from the elements sheet, scalloped the top edge with my Fiskar's edge punch and then added some cardstock stickers (the alphabet across the bottom of the label and then the gold above 'happy birthday.")  The Happy Birthday rub-on is from Pebbles.  I took my sewing machine out for the finishing touches.  Love the way it came out!

Thank you Cosmo Cricket and Cards Magazine for another great sketch challenge!

Have a great Friday night everyone!

4 comments: