Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

I hope you are enjoying you day, whatever you may be doing - especially if you are having fun with National Scrapbooking Day!  I really hadn't planned on joining in, but Studio Calico had so many fun things going on that I had to join in.  I actually combined two challenges and came up with a layout that I love - and in less than 24 hours!  I am generally a super slow scrapper.  I started with this challenge from Waleska - "outside inspiration."
The challenge was to use this magazine advertisement as inspiration for a scrapbook page using the theme, the list, the design, the colors or whatever inspired you.  I was inspired by the colors, especially the charcoal, the pinks and the yellow.  I pulled out my latest Studio Calico kit and found pretty much everything I needed.  I wanted to combine this challenge with a sketch challenge, so I looked through the choices and found the one that worked best with the photo I had chosen.  It just happened to be from Waleska also.
Here is my finished layout:

I used patterned paper from Crate Paper, Cosmo Cricket and The Girl's Paperie.  I used my Slice to cut out the flowers that replaced the circles from the sketch and I also cut the butterfly out from it.  I added a little stitching and a few buttons to finish off the page.  The photo is my niece, Elisabeth who lives in France.  I am excited that I get to go visit her in two weeks, so that is what made me think of creating a layout of her.

Have a great Saturday everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment