Monday, March 5, 2012

February 2012 Studio Calico - Daydream Believer

Last month I did a post of all of the layouts and cards that I created with the Studio Calico kit from the time the kit arrived until the day the next kit came.  I think it is fun to see how different all of the layouts from the same kit can look all in one place.  I decided to do it again for February.  This month, I got the main kit, Daydream Believer.  I also was able to buy the ever so popular stamp set from the add-on kit, Stepping Stone.  I had the entire Paper Heart Collection from Crate already (four of the papers were in add-on kits) and some of the embellishments from other add-ons in my stash, so I  used those also.

My first layout "First Day" is of me on my first day of 1st grade way back in 1977.  I have never tried stamping with just Versamark before, but I had always loved the look.  It took me forever to get that alphabet all lined up perfectly, but I'm glad I did!  I think it looks fun for a school page.
This layout "Jean Marie" is a scraplift of a page by Stephanie Baxter from the current issue of the Creating Keepsakes magazine.  The layout didn't make the cut to be featured in the magazine, but it was featured on their blog.  You can see it here.
"Hello Cupcake" is about a new cupcake shop in my town.  The teal and the chocolate colors of the February kit were perfect for this page!
"Great Grandma" is a layout about my nice who lives in France and her Great Grandma who lives in Wisconsin.  The two don't get to see each other very often, but we were lucky enough that Grandma was able to make the trip to France to visit them.  It was a great trip - there were eleven of us from the family there.
This one is my favorite that I created this month.  The photo is a really old photo of my grandparents.  I wear my grandmother's wedding ring and band, and the layout is about the inscription on the wedding band.  I was thrilled to have this layout included on the Member Picks video over at Studio Calico.  You can see the video here.

Here's a close-up o the hidden journaling.

My March kit is due to arrive this Wednesday - I can't wait to open it up!
Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts, as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great layouts, Brenda!
    And I saw that layout in CK mag that you lifted, and yours is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been really busy!!! I need to get cracking with my kits...seems as though PL has taken over my life lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages! Can't wait to see what you create with Story Hour!

    ReplyDelete