Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finally Spring!

I love the sight of forsythia blooming in the early spring!  It not only means that spring is on its way, but to a tax accountant like me, it means that tax season is almost over!  I'm not sure which one I get more excited about.  
I took this photo on Easter Sunday and wanted to create a layout about my happiness that spring is here and tax season is finally done.  I also had taken a photo of some pretty pink tulips that I had planned on using the page, but I couldn't make it work.  That is how the pink/yellow color scheme originally came about though.  

I used the April 2012 Studio Calico kit, City of Lights, for my layout.  I loved the Pink Paislee mask that come with the kit and that was the starting point for my page.  I printed my journaling over the misting which I got a couple of comments about.  I actually have a photo printer which can print photos up to 12" X 17".  I use that for all of my journaling, so printing on a 12" X12" piece of cardstock is no problem.  The mist colors are piglet (LOVE!) and sunshine Mister Hueys.

Happy spring, happy end of tax season, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND!
Have a great week everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous misting and I love the long strings on the tag! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love all of the pretty touches--like the butterflies on the tag string!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the butterflies on the tag string! great page. :)

    ReplyDelete