Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy 43rd Birthday!

I had to bring my husband to the airport today for a flight to San Francisco for a week and then on to Tokyo for a week.  I'm really sad that I won't see him for 15 days!  I'm not used to the fact that he has to travel for work now.  We got to spend some quality time together this week though, going out for dinner for his birthday on Wednesday and then cooking a nice meal together on Saturday night and watching a movie (although a bad movie!.)  I thought I'd share the card that I made for his birthday.

I made the card with the April Studio Calico kit, City of Lights (with the exception of the yellow dotted paper.)  The three different colored washi tapes that were in the kit went together perfectly and then the ad card from the kit just happened to have the same colors.  This card is really liftable - please feel free to borrow it!  Just grab three coordinating washi tapes and find some scraps of paper to make into pleated folded flowers.  I think I'm going to lift it myself and make a card for my niece who has a birthday coming up!
Have a great week everyone!

7 comments:

  1. absolutely love the card and i may just take your advice and lift it. my hubby is out of town for a week. so i think i will make him a card for when he returns. thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right it is very liftable! What is it about this week? My husband is in Taiwan for most of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Great use of the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those pleated flowers, cute idea adding the numbers in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flowers. Such a beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that card is adorable!! keep busy! 15 days will be over before you now it! *hugs* or come and chat with me to pass the time :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete