Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrappy Resolution 2013 - January

A couple of weeks ago, I posted here about my scrappy resolution for the year.  Every month, I'm going to create a layout or card (or both) using a previous Studio Calico kit from that month.  I have been a subscriber for three full years now, so I have a lot of product to choose from!  
This month, I ended up using product from January 2010, 2011, and 2012 on my layout (yay!)  My inspiration came from the wood veneer letters in the 2012 kit.  I had used a lot of them and when I put them away, I had written down a few words that the remaining letters would spell.  The words "SUMMER" and "WI" were both still possible, so I thought I would use those in my title.
I had taken photos when we were in Wisconsin at my parent's cabin last summer of my family playing a game of "yard toss." Outdoor games involving bean-bags are very popular in Wisconsin for whatever reason!  I combined papers from the kits and cut and used a wood-grain paper for the background.
I cut out a sun for my title and hand-stitched a few sun rays.  It was a fun challenge and I'm happy with the results!
I also decided to see what I could do with a couple of remaining items from the 2010 kit.  The kit came with some little school themed cards.  I knew the two that I had left would never work on a layout for me, so I decided to make a card with one of them.  
I also used the last flower sticker from the set, some leftover black cardstock, and patterned paper from the 2012 kit.  The other stickers were from my stash.
How are you doing on your resolutions?  Would anyone like to join me in my resolution?  I'd love to hear about it if you do!
Have a great week everyone!



6 comments:

  1. Love the way you layered all of the patterned papers behind each of your photos and a great way to use the school theme card! I should totally join you in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fun photo layout highlighting your summer event. Love how you made each pic in to a "hanging frame" or the look of anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work! Great challenge for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had used a lot of them and when I put them away, I had written down a few words that the remaining letters would spell. <---------- BRILLIANT idea! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite layouts and sooo love the card! I will join you in that challenge! I have considered that several times, but now I'm going to do it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is an awesome challenge! i love that you are using specific months!

    ReplyDelete