Monday, January 13, 2014

December 2013 Studio Calico kit - Blue Note

Today I'm sharing all of the projects that I created with the December Studio Calico kit from the time I got the kit until I received this months kit.  Hopefully, this will be a monthly feature and I will not be posting four months worth at a time like I did last week!
I ended up creating four layouts and one card with the kit.  Not bad - especially for a very busy month!
Holiday Cards 2013
This layout was inspired by the "make" clothes pin.  I kept thinking that I would never use it, but then I realized that I had just made LOTS of holiday cards, so why not document them!

dance like no one is watching
The brick patterned paper by Studio Calico that was in the kit made me think of a trip to Barcelona for some reason.  The girl in the photo was crazy dancing to a street performer - she didn't seem to mind the large crowd of people that were watching her.

Happy Birthday 10
I'm going to try to be better about making cards this year.  I have a nephew turning 10 this week and his card is ready to mail!  I should add that I count any project that I used ANY item from the kit.  This card used just the puffy stickers. 

I don't eat tomatoes
The third layout in my Random Fact series.  This layout was inspired again by a product.  I was looking through my stash and saw the tomato pin.  I'm thinking - why would I ever put a tomato on a layout - I hate tomatoes!!!  

GO TOPPERS!
The red and blues in this kit made it perfect for a layout of my niece's basketball game.  The school colors are blue and white with a red accent.  In my journaling I added that I learned what a walking taco is at the tournament.  They all thought it was strange that I had never heard of it before.
So, my question for you is:  do you know what a walking taco is??
Have a great week everyone!







3 comments:

  1. Wow, great layouts and cute card! Love the bow on the first and the mixed font title on the on the second! My fave is your Random Fact layout, what a great idea for a series!

    ReplyDelete