Monday, January 20, 2014

Studio Calico CHA challenges

CHA was last weekend and Studio Calico always hosts some fun challenges during it.  I had planned to get as many challenges in as I could, but I only got one done and it was too late to enter it.  At least I got a fun project done!
The challenge was to use a project from your inspiration book as inspiration to create a project.  I loved this layout by April Foster and knew that it would be perfect on a page about my New Year's Eve menu.
The page was pretty easy to put together once I had the idea in my head.  I used a Studio Calico star acetate sheet from the Story Time line so the background had a subtle pattern to it.  I used the wood veneer circle piece from the January SC kit that I covered with gold ZING.  I've been playing around with gold ZING and wood veneer and I LOVE it!
There are no photos on this page, but the menu that me and hubby cooked for our New Year's Eve party was scrap worthy in my opinion!
Were you able to complete any of the Studio Calico CHA challenges?  I'd love to hear if you did!
Have a good week!


4 comments:

  1. I love the gold!! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great Brenda! Love all the circles and stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much ! Awesome lift.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fantastic! You really hit it out of the park with this one!!

    ReplyDelete